The Victorian Government has released Victoria’s Renewable Energy Action Plan, backed by $146 million in funding to deliver more renewable, affordable and reliable energy for the state.
This is one of several initiatives announced in the $146 million Renewable Energy Action Plan.
The Plan also includes:
- $48.1 million for renewable energy certificate purchasing, including powering Victoria’s tram fleet
- $25 million to deploy grid-scale battery storage facilities in the west of Victoria by next summer
- $15.8 million for smart software system, solar and battery storage microgrid initiatives
The Victorian Government is also delivering several other key initiatives, including:
- Setting renewable energy generation targets of 25 per cent by 2020 and 40 per cent by 2025
- Establishing three pilot community power hubs in the Latrobe Valley, Ballarat and Bendigo to enable community groups to access renewable energy expertise and services
- Creating the Centre for New Energy Technologies and appointing the Victorian Renewable Energy Advocate
Waste not – new technologies to create energy from waste
What an exciting time for new energy production in Victoria.