DELWP Core Spatial Data Services Strategy 2018-2023
The Victorian Government (led by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning - DELWP) has been a core spatial data service provider for over 40 years. The data services we provide are highly valued and make a significant contribution to the Victorian economy.
The DELWP Core Spatial Data Services Strategy sets the five-year strategic direction for how DELWP will source, aggregate, maintain and provide access to Victoria’s core spatial data. It reconfirms our focus on being the trusted source of core spatial data services for Victoria, strengthened by a new focus on helping government, industry and the community to generate value from spatial data.
We have listened to our customers, suppliers and stakeholders and are enhancing our service delivery so our customer interactions continue to be a positive experience. DELWP’s core spatial data services include Vicmap data, Coordinated Imagery Program and GPSnet and other services such as VicmapAPI
We have a plan to make sure we deliver tangible benefits to our customers and will strive to continually improve through engagement, good governance, reporting and annual review.
For a copy of the strategy, please click here CSDS Strategy (PDF, 2.6 MB).
A summary of the strategy can be found here CSDS on a page (PDF, 178.4 KB).
Vicmap Data Supply Information sessions 2017
Land Use Victoria helps organisations who maintain and improve Vicmap products.
We hosted three Vicmap Data Supply Information sessions in August 2017. These sessions were for organisations supplying data to Vicmap.
Final presentations from the sessions are below.
- Data Supply Information Session 2017 (DOCX, 15.8 KB)
- Land Information and Spatial Services (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Transitioning to GDA2020 - The new Geocentric Datum of Australia (PDF, 4.0 MB)
- Central Goldfields GIS presentation (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Vicmap Information Session - Maryborough 2017 (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Valuer General Victoria - Doug Marcina (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Local Government Spatial Reference Group (LGSRG) (PDF, 659.2 KB)
- Vicmap Data Supply Central Goldfields Shire Information Session - David Blain (PDF, 8.1 MB)
- Office of Geographic Names (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Open Forum Seeds (PDF, 463.4 KB)
Vicmap Catalogue 2016-17
The Catalogue lists all of the current 14 Vicmap Products.
- information about the products - themes and source datasets
- case studies of how each product may be used
- access options
- technical detail such as coverage and currency.
For a published hard copy, contact email@example.com
Updating Australia’s datum for GPS
GDA2020 is the new datum for Australia to replace the GDA94 datum used by devices with GPS navigation. It will ensure higher accuracy for GPS devices and offer some future proofing for Australia’s datum.
Visit the GDA2020 website.
Newtech is an event for regional Victorians to remain informed of State wide spatial information initiatives. It's a great opportunity for discussing local issues and networking in the spatial industry. Newtech is brought to you by DELWP and supported by Spatial Industries Business Association (SIBA).
This unique conference circuit has been bringing together land information experts and trade exhibitors to regional centres since 1997. There is also an emphasis on highlighting local regional applications and developments.