- Vicmap Viewer is a mobile mapping app developed by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).
- Users of Vicmap Viewer can easily discover, access, purchase and download more than 10,000 state wide digital topographic maps from Vicmap.
- Vicmap Topographic maps depict natural and constructed features including waterways, roads, park boundaries and emergency services facilities.
- Available in 1:25K, 1:30K, 1:50k and 1:100K map scales, and maintained using the latest Vicmap Data, Victoria’s authoritative spatial information.
- View your location on the GeoPDF map using the built-in GPS device.
- View the coordinates of the current position and any waypoint (latitude and longitude)
- Plot waypoints, position and label names, enter attribute data and notes
- Export waypoints and associated attribute data to CSV, GPX or KML
- Quickly view, zoom and pan maps using gestures (pinch, drag and flick, double tap)
- Measure distance and area in map units.
Note that though this app is free for the general recreational user, government users will need to purchase a license for usage.
Page last updated: 08/01/19