To provide you with a modern web mapping service the Land Channel will be replaced with Mapshare Vic (in mid/late 2019).
Land Channel has served us well for more than a decade, but the years have finally caught up with it. So it’s time to replace it with new infrastructure, technology and functionality, which make it even more reliable, supportable, extendable and mobile ready.
We wish to make you aware of some changes to the Land Channel site that may affect you over the coming months:
1. 'Planning Property Report’ contains a new updated style and now also includes the Bush Fire Prone Area Report information. Access to the Planning Property Report will available from VicPLAN and from the updated Planning web site (in late Dec 2018) .
2. ‘Bush Fire Prone Area Property Report' is no longer available. It has been transitioned to the updated Planning Property Report and now all information is accessible within one single consolidated report.
3. ‘Basic Property Report’ will be restyled to look like the Planning Property Report (without the Planning information).
4. ‘Detailed Property Report’ will be replaced with a simple property dimensions map and it will be free of charge. Planned to be transitioned to the new web mapping service in early 2019.
The new web mapping service will be ready in late 2018 at which point the Land Channel interactive maps will be transitioned and progressively decommissioned.
1. 'Interactive map' is being progressively migrated to a new web mapping application which allows you to access property information including approximate property dimensions (This will replace the Detailed Property Report).
2. 'Planning Maps Online' and 'Bushfire prone areas' is being progressively transitioned to updated web mapping applications which will allow you to access planning information including Planning Property Report. (expected late 2018)
3. ‘Vicmap Topographic Maps Online will also be progressively migrated to a new web mapping application, scheduled mid to late 2019. The mobile application version, Vicmap Viewer is scheduled for release in late 2018.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Explore heritage overlays and records held by the National Trust of Australia and the Victorian War Heritage Inventory
Property and Land Titles
Allows you to search and download survey information from one location.
The Survey Marks Enquiry Service (SMES) managed by the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria.
Vicmap Editing Service (VES) facilitates improvement of spatial data quality and currency.
A searchable register of Victorian place names.
A subscription based positioning correction service for Global Navigation Satellite System users throughout Victoria.
Find the coordinates of an address (for ESTA suppliers)
Access aerial photo maps that provide a snapshot of Victoria in the 1940s and 1950s
Water and Catchments
View and share details about Integrated Water Management projects.
Find out about water storages, irrigation and local catchment authorities.
Access surface water and groundwater monitoring data collected by DELWP and its partners.
The location of dams used to store water for drinking, industry and farming.
Water supply points provide water for bushfires, stock and domestic purposes during severe drought.
Aquifer information for any location in Victoria
Page last updated: 03/05/19