Find out about graduate opportunities at Victorian Government Graduates
The VPS Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme (GRADS) is a whole of Victorian Government program that gives recent graduates an introduction to working in the public service.
Over one year, graduates participate in 3 4-month workplace rotations across the Victorian Public Service. The Engineering stream’s rotations are for 6 months.) Other learning and development activities are also included. At the end of this development year graduates return to ongoing employment in their "home" department or agency.
Other features of the program
- A mentoring and coaching program provided to DELWP-based graduates
- A performance, learning and development plan tailored to your specific needs
- Participation in executive facilitation workshops and networking events via the GRADS Alumni.
Graduates are usually recruited into four streams, depending on their field of study:
- Accounting and Finance
- Engineering (note: the Engineering stream is an 18-month program, with 3 6-month rotations in the Department of Infrastructure)
- Generalist (includes graduates from Arts, Law, Human Resource Management, Forestry and Psychology degrees).
Page last updated: 02/09/19