Find out about graduate opportunities at Victorian Government Graduates.
The VPS Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme (GRADS) is a whole of Victorian Government program that gives recent graduates an introduction to working in the public service.
Over one year, graduates participate in three 4-month workplace rotations across the Victorian Public Service. (Note that the Engineering stream’s rotations are for six months.) Other learning and development activities are also included. At the end of this development year graduates return to ongoing employment in their "home" department or agency.
Other features of the program
- A mentoring and coaching program provided to DELWP-based graduates
- A performance, learning and development plan tailored to your specific needs
- Participation in executive facilitation workshops and networking events via the GRADS Alumni.
Graduates are usually recruited into four streams, depending on their field of study:
- Accounting and Finance
- Engineering (note: the Engineering stream is an 18 month program, with three 6-month rotations in the Department of Infrastructure)
- Generalist (includes graduates from Arts, Law, Human Resource Management, Forestry and Psychology degrees).