When a board member is appointed or reappointed to the board of a DELWP agency they will be sent a copy of their Instrument of Appointment, which sets out the terms and conditions of their appointment.
- Any remuneration (e.g. sitting fees) and expenses to which the board member is entitled will be set out in their Instrument of Appointment.
- Remuneration is based on the rates in Schedules A to D of the Appointment and Remuneration Guidelines issued by the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
- Expenses for board members of DELWP agencies are reimbursed at the same rate and are subject to the same conditions that apply to employees of the department.
- A Premier's Circular sets certain requirements for the induction of new board members. For details, see the Induction and education support module.
Standing for election to Parliament or local council
- Important information for board members and employees who are considering standing for election to Parliament or local council
- Certain legal requirements and timing must be complied with
- Applies to both major DELWP agencies and small (category 3) committees of management.
Remuneration and expenses - Victorian Coastal Council and regional coastal boards
For board members of the Victorian Coastal Council and regional coastal boards.
Related support modules
On Board has related support modules for DELWP board members, including:
Department of Premier and Cabinet
Page last updated: 19/07/19